CoaguChek® Patient Services
When you offer your patients the freedom to test their PT/INR at home with the CoaguChek® XS system for patient self-testing, you can also help ensure their success with CoaguChek Patient Services.
CoaguChek Patient Services offers you valuable resources to encourage patient compliance and time in therapeutic range1, as well as enhanced patient care. Our team of skilled clinical specialists provides comprehensive support, training, and information for both you and your patients who self-test.
Like you, Roche cares strongly about ensuring patient safety. For that reason, we recommend that clinicians consider CoaguChek PT/INR meters, which have never been pre-owned or refurbished, for patients who are good candidates for self-testing. CoaguChek PT/NR testing technology also demonstrates excellent correlation (97%) with traditional lab methods.2
For eligible patients with mechanical heart valve, chronic atrial fibrillation (AF), and/or venous thromboembolism (VTE), Medicare coverage is available for the services, equipment and supplies necessary for home PT/INR monitoring.
Private payer coverage for medically necessary services, including home PT/INR monitoring, is generally available; however, coverage, coding and payment vary by plan. Coverage and payment are based on a number of factors. Coinsurance and/or deductibles may apply.
- Usual care
Most patients taking warfarin are monitored by a hospital physician or general practitioner (GP) in a traditional model referred to as usual care (UC). Typically patients attend appointments at their GP’s surgery or local hospital. At each appointment a venous blood sample is drawn and sent to a centralized laboratory for INR testing. Once the result is available, the patient is contacted and advised of any change in dose.
- Anticoagulation Clinics vs: Usual Care
Aniticoagulation patients are managed in a clinic focused on them; helping personalize warfarin therapy by focusing on:
- Direct, active patient management
- Patient scheduling and tracking
- Accessible, accurate and frequent patient testing
- Individualized patient care
- Patient Self-Testing
Patient-Self-Testing is being used to increase TTR and improve patient outcomes3-4. Studies have shown that Patient Self-Testing may increase a patient's time in therapeutic range and reduce adverse events while improving their quality of life.
CoaguChek® INR testing enables:
- Better patient care
- Improved patient comfort
- Optimized healthcare delivery
- Peace of mind
The subsequent pages on this site (on the right) will examine each of these models of care, and may help health care professionals decide with which model they will treat their patients.
- Kortke H, Minami K, Reymann T, et al. INR self-management after mechanical heart valve replacement; ESCAT. ZKardiol. 2001;90(6)118-124.
- 97% correlation with lab results using Dade Innovin reagent. See package insert for more information. CoaguChek XS PT Test [package insert 05967694001(05)]. Indianapolis, Ind.: Roche Diagnostics; 2016
- Wurster M and Doran T. Anticoagulation management: a new approach. Disease Management. 2006;9(4):201-209.
- Bloomfield, H.E.; Krause, A; Greer, N; Taylor, B.C.; MacDonald, R; et al. Meta-analysis: Effect of Patient Self-testing and Self-management of Long-Term Anticoagulation on Major Clinical Outcomes. Ann Intern Med. 2011;154:472-482